The marriage covenant, by which a man and a woman form with each other an intimate communion of life and love...is by its very nature ordered to the good of the couple, as well as to the generation and education of children. CCC 1601
- One party of the couple must be Catholic
- Both parties need to be free to marry in the Catholic Church
- The Sacrament of Marriage process must begin at least six months in advance of the proposed wedding date.
- The couple must schedule an initial meeting with Patrice and answer a Pre-Nuptial Questionnaire.
- Dates of the wedding will be reserved only after the couple completes the Pre-Nuptial Questionnaire.
- Once the couple is accepted to celebrate the Sacrament of Marriage at Our Lady of Lourdes, the couple must:
- Make a down payment of at least half of the required fees.
- Participate in a Diocesan approved Pre-Nuptial retreat. Participation is the responsibility of the couple. Fees range from $300 to $400 depending on the provider.
- Submit all required documents and testimonies at least two months before the planned wedding date.
- Complete a Pre-marital inventory and follow-up mentoring.
- Select music with the Parish Liturgy Director.
- Meet with your Marriage Officiant/Priest to review final plans for the ceremony. (Note: Priests or Deacons who are relatives or friends of the couple may witness the Sacrament with the permission of the Pastor of Our Lady of Lourdes Church.)
- Submit a civil marriage license at least two weeks in advance of the date for the wedding ceremony. (Note: Marriage licenses are valid for six months.)
- Pay all fees prior to the wedding date.
- Weddings are typically scheduled for Friday or Saturday afternoons. Other days and times can be discussed at the initial meeting with Patrice.
- Wedding Ceremony
- $950 for parishioners registered six months prior to the initial wedding inquiry
- $1800 for non-parishioners; the couple must provide a priest or deacon in good standing with the Catholic Church to preside at the wedding.
Our Lady of Lourdes Church seats approximately 450 guests. There are two basement halls that seat a total of 144 people: 96 people in the Great Hall and 48 people in the Small Hall. There is a bridal room for the bride and the bridesmaids to use for dressing purposes. The bridal party may make use of the facilities 2 hours prior to their wedding.
Parking for wedding attendees is available in an underground parking ramp adjacent to the Church. Parking vouchers for the ramp can be purchased from Municipal Ramp at 612-379-2438. There is also metered street parking in front of the church.
To arrange for the Sacrament of Marriage please contact Patrice:
- Phone: 612-379-2259