Sacrament of Baptism
Baptism is birth into the new life in Christ. In accordance with the Lord's will, it is necessary for salvation, as is the Church herself, which we enter by Baptism. CCC 1277
- One of the child's parents must be a parishioner and a practicing Catholic.
- One of the sponsors (godparent) must also be a practicing Catholic and a member of Our Lady of Lourdes parish or provide a "letter of good standing" from their own parish.
- Make an appointment with Patrice.
- Fill out a Baptismal Information Form at the time of your appointment. Completion of this form requires bringing a copy of the child's birth certificate.
- Attend a Baptismal Preparation Class. This is required for all new parents. The class covers both the Sacrament of Baptism and the Liturgy of Baptism. It also covers the responsibilities of parents in raising their child in the Catholic Faith. Classes are generally held once a month. The dates and times for upcoming classes are listed in the Church Bulletin and on the Church Calendar.
- Sponsors are not required to attend the Baptism Preparation Class but are welcome to attend.
A $50 donation is requested to help cover expenses.
To arrange for the Sacrament of Baptism, please contact Patrice:
- Phone: 612-379-2259