The Sacrament of Marriage
Marriages must be planned at least six months prior to the wedding.
Marriage Process at Our Lady of Lourdes
This page describes in general the requirements of the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis and Our Lady of Lourdes Parish for those seeking the Sacrament of Marriage.
- One party of the couple must be Catholic.
- The Catholic party (ies) must be a registered member(s) of the Parish six months prior to the initial wedding inquiry.
- The Sacrament of Marriage process must begin at least 6 months in advance of the proposed wedding date.
- The couple must schedule an initial meeting and answer a Pre-nuptial Questionnaire.
- Dates for weddings will be reserved only after the couple completes the Pre-nuptial Questionnaire.
- Once the couple is accepted to celebrate their Sacrament of Marriage at Our Lady of Lourdes, the couple must
- Make a down payment of at least 1/2 of the fees for the parish (see below)
- Participate in a Diocesan approved Pre-marital Retreat
- Submit all required documents and testimonies at least two months before the planned wedding date
- Complete a Pre-marital Inventory and follow-up mentoring
- Select music with the Parish Liturgy Director
- Meet with your Officiant to discuss your final plans for the ceremony
- Note: Ordained relatives or friends (Catholic priests or deacons) of the couple may witness the Sacrament with the permission of the Pastor
- Submit a civil marriage license at least two weeks before the planned wedding date. Marriage licenses are good for 6 months.
- Pay all fees
Facts about Our Lady of Lourdes
1. The church seats about 425 maximum.
2. Fees for a wedding at the Parish are:
- $800 for parishioners registered six months prior to the initial wedding inquiry
- $1600 for non-parishioners; the couple must provide a priest or deacon in good standing with the Catholic church to preside at the wedding.
There will be additional fees for musicians provided by the parish.
3. The pre-nuptial retreat is the responsibility of the couple. Fees range from $125 to $300 depending on the provider.
4. Typically Weddings are celebrated on Friday afternoon (after the noon mass until about 5 PM) and on Saturday afternoon no later than 2 PM. Other days and times can be discussed at the time of answering the Pre-nuptial Questionnaire.
5. There is a bridal room for the bride and the bridesmaids to finish dressing.
More information will be available at the Pre-nuptial Questionnaire meeting
Patrice Stegbauer at the parish office at
firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel 612-379-2259
A Catholic website sponsored by the US Catholic Bishops
The PREPARE-ENRICH website with lots of good information as you prepare